HE[art] Project Art Exhibition

HE[art] Project Logo

CHIP, the Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention invites you to HE[art] Project, CHIP’s inaugural art exhibition.  Proceeds from the event will benefit CHIP and its efforts of making homelessness rare, short-lived, and recoverable.  Since 1996, CHIP has served as a community mobilizer, lead researcher, and homeless advocate to make an impact on homelessness in the Indianapolis community.

HE[art] Project, or the Homeless Experience Art (HE[art]) Project, will be an intimate exhibition of works by regional artists grappling with topics related to homelessness. Author Maya Angelou said, “All great artists draw from the same resource: the human heart, which tells us that we are all more alike than we are unalike.” These works of art will explore the similarities of those who experience homelessness and gallery visitors, breaking down common perceptions of homelessness and tearing down the boundaries between the two groups. HE[art] Project will be held at the Indiana Interchurch Center Art Gallery in September and October 2016.

Take a sneak peek of HE[art] Project!

CHIP is excited to announce its partnership with the Indiana Heart Gallery, a traveling exhibit featuring compelling portraits of children in need of adoptive families. Some of these portraits will also be on display during the HE[art] Project‘s exhibition. The Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) uses the Heart Gallery’s remarkable professional portraits and stories about children in Indiana’s foster care system to help put a face on a sometimes invisible need and remind families that adoption can change lives. To learn more about the Heart Gallery and other adoption resources across Indiana, visit their site.

Works of art will be for sale during the course of the exhibition. 30% of art sales will serve as a charitable donation to CHIP to help with our efforts in ending homelessness in Indianapolis. We are a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. The remaining 70% will go directly to the artist. Please note: the portraits in the Heart Gallery display are not for sale. If you are interested in purchasing works of art, contact Zachary Alexander.